Once again the term has got off to a busy start! The children (and staff) have settled into their new classrooms and lots of exciting events have been planned for the year ahead. As always, if you have anything you would like to discuss with me please make an appointment to see me at a mutually convenient time,
Skills Builder Challenge Day - what a wonderfully chaotic day! Children from Year 1 to Year 6 have been working hard on Operation Moonbase! The team from Skills Builder have been into school to launch the task which has challenged pupils to work on a variety of life skills, particularly their ability to work in a team!
* Thank you to the Reception parents that have applied for Free School Meals. Registering for Free School Meals can benefit your child and our school as your child could be entitled to £1300 of extra support and opportunites, in addition to free school lunches. Please take the time to register to see if your child is eligible - even if your child is currently entitled to Universal Free School Meals (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) as the school only receives funding from the government for each child registered. The link is here if you haven't applied already: www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
* A reminder to our Year 6 parents that deposits should now have been paid for the residential trip (June 12th - 15th 2020), and full payment must be received by April 2020.
* Breakfast, WrapAround Care and School dinners need to be paid for in advance. WrapAround care needs to be booked and paid for in advance. Booking can be done by phone (01452 527020) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* You are probably already aware that, like many other schools, we use an app called SZapp. To ensure that your device is tied to your child's details, we ask that you register with SZapp using the same email address that you have listed on our database. Please ensure you keep us updated with any changes to your personal contact information. Finally, please ensure that the SchoolZine email address is added to your safe senders and contacts list to avoid messages going into your junk or clutter folder.
* Please be aware that staff cannot give medication to your child and the child cannot administer medication to themselves. However, you can come into the office and we will bring your child to you to give them any necessary medicine.
* All late arrivals need to be escorted into the School Office as the pupil needs to be signed in, and lunch choice taken.
* If you are running late at the end of the school day, please contact us so that we can reassure your child. On Monday we had 16 children waiting outside the office and no information from their parents.
* If your child is to be collected by someone other than yourself, please inform the school office. For safeguarding purposes, we will not be able to release your child from the classroom unless we have parent / guardian permission.
* Also, as a school we are collecting the Aldi stickers. Thanks to all that have brought some in for us - collecting these stickers could raise £20,000 for the school! All are gratefully received.
* Finally there are noticeboards around the outside premises of the school with useful information for parents as well as information on classroom doors.
Hello and welcome from the Friends of Linden team. We had a busy Summer Term, including the Sponsored Book Read, the Summer Fair and organising the Year 6 Leavers Hoodies. This term started with the Reception parent’s starter packs and we have some more exciting events and projects coming up.
Coffee/Tea and Cake Afternoon - Wednesday 16th October 1.45pm-2.45pm – including fundraising for Macmillan. A chance to catch up with friends before pick up, meet some new people and raise some money for a worthy cause. All welcome.
Books for Bugs Online Book Fair - Monday 21st October – for 7 days
Christmas Cards – we are delighted to announce that the children will be designing these in class again this year. The designs will come home later this month and more information will follow. **New for this year, all orders and payments will be processed Online**
Uniform Shop – our exciting new project is underway, second hand uniform sales. More information coming soon.
Look out for information posted on classroom doors, on our noticeboard in the KS2 playground and sent via Schoolzine. If you would like to speak to us, come and find us in the playground, speak to your class representative, contact us via email@example.com or the school office.
3rd October 2019 - Free School Lunch for whole school
11th October 2019 - School Photographs individuals and siblings (that are in school)
16th October 2019 - Friends of Linden 1.45pm - 2.45pm: Coffee/Tea and
Cake afternoon (including raising money for Macmillan)
17th October 2019 - Reception Trip to Westonbirt
21st October 2019 - Friends of Linden - Books for Bugs online book fair begins
22nd October 2019 - Inclusion coffee morning at 9am (a visit from Teens in Crisis)
22nd October 2019 - Year 2 visit to the Lannet
23rd October 2019 - Parents evening
24th October 2019 - Parents evening
24th October 2019 - last day for pupils
25th October 2019 - INSET day: school closed for pupils
28th October to 1st November 2019 - half term break
4th November 2019 - School opens
19th November 2019 - Inclusion coffee morning at 9am (a speech and language therapist from The Owl Therapy Centre)
20th November 2019 - Open day for Reception 2020 starters
28th November 2019 - Year 6 children height and weight checks
5th December 2019 - Year 1 Trip to the Everyman
5th December 2019 - Activity Clubs end
10th December 2019 - Last session for Group 1 Police Wardens
16th December 2019 - Inclusion coffee morning at 9am (Topic TBA)
20th December 2019 - last day of school before Christmas
6th January 2020 - New term starts
16th January 2020 - Reception children height and weight checks
17th to 21st February 2020 - half term break
3rd April 2020 - INSET day: school closed for pupils
6th to 17th April 2020 - Easter holidays
20th April 2020 - New term starts
Monday 4th May 2020 - SCHOOL OPEN
Friday 8th May 2020 - BANK HOLIDAY
25th May to 29 May 2020 - Half term break
1st June 2020 - New term starts
17th July 2020 - Last day of school